Nobleton History: Nobleton, situated at Highway 27 and King Road, was named after Joseph Noble, one of the earliest storekeepers after the village was settled in 1812. Other residents were John Hambly a farmer, Seneca Weller a farmer from Pennsylvania in 1839, Joe Pringle who built the first skating rink in town in 1906, Isaac Holden a butcher, Isaac Snider a farmer with land purchased in 1845, Thomas Noble the first postmaster in 1851 and Joseph Ballard a blacksmith.
Nobleton Sports Park
King, York Region
At various times there were two general stores, a planing mill, post office in 1851, two blacksmith shops, local doctor, two telephone companies, community Music Hall for the Nobleton Band, two hotels and several churches. One blacksmith shop owned by George Holden in 1874 was operated by several owners until it finally closed in 1958. Norman Rose, the last owner, donated the building to the Metropolitan Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, which in turn gave it to Black Creek Pioneer Village where it became a working shop again. The two telephone companies were the Bolton Telephone Company which arrived in 1909 and King Telephone Company which arrived the following year. The village then had instant communication with the rest of the townshop and beyond.
Nobleton has seen many changes over almost 200 years but its heritage is still deeply embedded in the community. With its location at the intersection of two busy highways, however, more changes appear to be close at hand in this rural community.
King Country Estates
King, York Region
Nobleton Real Estate:Until now the homes of Nobleton have all been detached. From century homes to modern estate homes the real estate market has been confined to detached homes. Greyburn Heights homes in the MacTaggart Drive subdivision have always had an upscale feeling, as did the homes of Nobleton Meadows on the east side of Highway 27 just above King Road. Now, however, new housing is transforming the fields around the village centre. On the east side of Highway 27 north of Nobleton Meadows, King Country Estates has a mix of 784 homes underway including singles, semi-detached and townhomes. On the west side of Highway 27 south of King Road, another development of 194 singles and 26 semis are approved for Maidenstone Developments Inc. These new homes have new styles, elevations and floor plans to attract new home buyers to the village. In 2012, the population was about 5,300 residents, but now the population is expected to be 6,000 or more.
For the last six months of 2013, home prices were starting from just over $500,000 and selling as high as one million dollars for detached homes, with estates homes in rural King at Nobleton Lakes selling for as high as $1,700,000. More moderate prices for attached homes should be attractive for the real estate maket in the near future.
Gillham, Elizabeth McClure, Early Settlements of King Township, Ontario, Hunter Rose Company, Canada, 1975.